My teacher's face was always sweaty, shiny, her bare stomach was hanging out of her top. We talked about a poem in class, about a couple breaking up, not having anything to say to each other. My teacher said, relationships end exactly like this.

At my graduation party at the end of high school my teacher told me about her ex-boyfriend, how they broke up at a party at the end of high school. I didn't get whether she was a teacher or a student at the time. She told me he had a new girlfriend, she made fun of her name by overenunciating it. She said she would bet he won't answer if she texted him and pulled out her phone. I told her it wasn't a good idea. I had to give her my phone number, so she could tell me if he responded. We both had had red wine. She wore a kind of scarf in her hair that night, it made her look like a cleaning lady, it was her idea of an accessory. My teachers had always seemed pathetic to me. That evening didn't make that better. So I left school, and I didn't hear from my teacher again.

Comments

Popular Posts