„Ida, your shoelaces.“
Ida looks down at her shoes. The shoelaces on her left shoe aren't open, but tied very loosely.
„I think in the history of mankind no one every actually tripped because of their shoelaces.“
„What?“
„I said, in the history of mankind no one every actually tripped because of their shoelaces.“
„Well, I've seen different things. But sorry, I just wanted to be helpful.“
They're walking away through their grandma's garden, who they just visited. Claire stares at the grass.
„I think it's annoying being told my shoelaces are open.“
Ida often has open shoelaces. She's not sure she ever learned how to properly tie them, she only knows the bunny ear method. Ida knows she wasn't friendly just now, but in her opinion the seriousness with which she is often told that her shoelaces are open stands in no relation to the actual danger of tripping. It's not like she has a time bomb on her foot. It's even hard to step on your own shoelaces on purpose.

Comments

Popular Posts