I try to throw up. Is there a fish bone stuck in my throat? I don't know anything about the anatomy of my head.
I go to an ENT doctor, because I think there is a fish bone stuck in my throat. When swallowing, I can feel a painful scratching.
In the waiting room, a woman is speaking in a crackling, deep voice to her son.
I get called to see the doctor.
„So you ate some fish. What kind?“
„Char.“
The doctor looks down my throat. I noticed he doesn't have a PhD.
„I can't see a fish bone. You have almost no gag reflex. But if you find out later that you do have a fish bone in your throat, you might sue me. So I'll give you the option of getting transferred to a hospital. But I recommend you do not go, because it would be very uncomfortable. I will call your general practitioner about this. For fish bones you should just eat bread.“
The next day I can hear men's voices in front of my apartment door. The next time I leave my apartment I find a loaf of bread in front of my door. Did an ENT doctor put a loaf of bread in front of my door?

Comments

Popular Posts